Friday, March 11, 2011

Faster Pussycat Spotlight - Mary Queen of Shotz

Mary Queen of Shotz (more affectionately known as "Shotz") is a hard-hitting, skater-levelling, I-thought-was-skating-but-now-I'm-on-the-floor-thanks-to-Shotz kind of player. She is a calm player but watch out because the calm always precedes the storm.


Skater name: Mary Queen of Shotz

Skater number: 1587

Birthday: July 13th.

Position: Occasional Jammer & Mostly Blocker.

How did you get that name: After Mary Queen of Scots, hitting and also being a nurse.

Reason for skater number: 1587 was the year Mary Queen of Scots was beheaded.

You joined derby because: I saw a bout and thought I have to do this.

How long have you been playing derby: This will be coming into my second season.

What is your favourite thing about derby: The terrific community of derby and the accepting environment to be who you want to be.

Favourite derby moment: Winning last season against the eves with FPC!!

Which derby player(s) do you look up to: Many of the veterans who have helped me to become a better player. I especially look up to Player 1 and 8-Mean Wheeler.

Something interesting about yourself not related to derby: I wake people up from surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment