Friday, March 25, 2011

Faster Pussycat Spotlight - Amazombie

You don't want to be in the way when Amazombie is coming through the pack – she might just eat your brain! Not only is she agile on skates but she has a hit that is a force to be reckoned with. Watch out for her this season with the FPC and the TCRG's All-Star team.

Photo by Brett Beadle | www.brettbeadle.com

Skater name: Amazombie
Skater number: 00
Birthday: Sept 17
Position: Jammer & Blocker.
How did you come up with your name: I am tall like an Amazon and I like dead things ;)
Why you joined derby: I played football in high school and I missed hitting people.
How long have you been playing derby: This will be my second season.
What is your favourite thing about derby: All the people involved are so diverse, it is a great group of people to interact with.
Any advice for new derby players: When you get on the track don't hesitate, just do it.
Favourite derby moment: When my team yells "Eat her brains" to me – it makes me laugh and gives me a boost to keep going.
Which derby player do you look up to: L.A. Gunns is an all-round wicked player. She is an agile jammer, a hard hitting blocker and a very effective communicator. When she is on the track, you know it.
Tell us something about you that derby folk wouldn't know: Most people don't know that I am an Australian citizen and I know sign language (my parents are deaf).

No comments:

Post a Comment